FCS Al Merrick Shaper series “Performance Core “Med
- Fin System: FCS II
- Fin Set-Up: Thruster set (3 fins)
- Construction: Performance Core
- Fin Family: Carver
- Ideal Conditions: Hollow waves with grunt and power
- Ideal Board Type: Performance shortboard with good amount of rocker curve and concave
- Please Note: These fins can only be used with the new FCS II boxes
Designed by legendary shaper Al Merrick, the most influential board maker of the modern era, the AM template continues to be one of the popular in the FCS range, among pros and recreational surfers alike. Look around the contest site at any world-tour event and those iconic hexagons will be everywhere – even under the boards of surfers with no Channel Islands affiliation.
The elongated base and exaggerated sweep equate to crazy drive, down-the-line speed, and powerful extended arcs, while the narrow tip and slightly smaller centre fin (see dimensions table below) give you just the right amount of release off the top. Part of the Carver family, which specialises in “powerful, drawn-out turns with added hold”.
Foil Medium (side)4.55″4.52″14.89″Flat Medium (ctr)4.34″4.41″13.72″