The all new OG Flyer From Channel Island Free basic Fins with each board.
*5″9 x 19 x 2 3/8 (Volume 27.8 L) Available In FCS
*5″10 x 19 1/4 x 2 7/16 (Volume 29.4 L) In stock Futures
*5″11 x 19 1/2 x 2 1/2 (Volume 31.0 L) In stock Futures
*6″0 x 19 3/4 x 2 4/16 (Volume 32.6 L) In stock Futures
The Channel Islands OG Flyer Surfboard is the re-release of the Flyer surfboard that has been CIs most popular shortboard shape for the past two decades; a board that bucked the tradition of super thin and narrow designs of the late 90’s by adding width in all of the right places and a flatter rocker to make it a more versatile shortboard that could work well in a range of conditions Over time, a number of different versions of the Flyer have been released by Channel Island but the OG Flyer Surfboard is an exact replica of the original design.
The fuller outline of the Flyer means that you should order slightly shorter than you would normally would when buying a performance shortboard. The width is carried throughout the length of the board for more plaining area resulting in more speed and flow particularly in lesser surf. When looking at the foil of the board, the volume is carried well under the chest for added paddle power through to the tail without feeling too fat thanks to the sensitive rails that allow for ample manoeuvrability.
The Flyer has generous entry and exit rocker and a single concave through the board that leads to a double concave within the single concave for added channels to generate speed and rail-to-rail transitions.
- Channel Islands OG Flyer Surfboard
- Rocker: Medium aggressive entry rocker with a medium exit rocker
- Concave: Single concave to double concave either side of the single concave towards the tail
- Ideal wave type: Point breaks, reefs and beach breaks
- Ideal wave height: Is best suited to waist to head high but can hold its own in slightly smaller waves too
- Ideal surfer: An intermediate to expert
- Rails: Thin “down” rails to medium
- Fin Set Up: 3 fin thruster set up with Futures fin boxes (Free set of basic Future Fins)
Any Questions drop the team a message or give us a call